Wednesday, January 28, 2009

From Christ's Notes

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (New American Standard Bible

This is a very interesting way of looking at things. People tend to boast about their strengths. Society is based on what a person's talents are and making some money off of that talent. But, here in this passage the message is boasting about weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. I don't think that it is meant that Christ will "pull up the slack". I think that to boast about weaknesses helps us to more glorify God and help us to let go and put him in charge.

1 comment:

Michael said...

One of my favorite lessons from St Paul. Thanks for posting.