Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Putting it on the Line



Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?"
And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said,
"Here are my mother and my brothers.
For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father
is my brother, and sister, and mother." Matthew 12:48-50



Is Jesus disowning his mother or just making a point?  I think he is definitely making a point on this one.  But, once again he is saying that you have to be "all in" to play Texas Hold Em' at God's table.  He knew his disciples were all in (except one).  Are you all in?  


Is seems to be a challenging trait in today's society.  That is Loyalty.  Marriages are only sustaining at less than 50 percent.  People are upward mobile in their jobs and often leave for the greater pay or prestige.  People continuously question lawmakers, law providers, etc.  It seems that a lot of people are stabbing backs in our world as well.  It is greatly a I, Me, Mine, society.  Here, Jesus is asking us to be his brother or sister(Mother).  To join is to reach out to him and believe.  Have faith.  It seems practical, it seems easy.  But, life gets in the way and brings doubt when bad things happen.  I am sure it is hard for people who lost loved ones in Aurora to fully join the Jesus team.  But, we hope that all those who are fighting those types of battles will turn to him and ask for  the honor to be his brother or Mother. 


Dear Lord, Please help me  be "all in" for Christ in every situation and help others as well.  It is hard sometimes to give it your all but, we know the grace and gifts are more than we can imagine.  


I promise to be "all in" for Jesus Christ. 

No comments: